View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2010, 09:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

S.R. Krol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: This game is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil74501 View Post
I understand that no game can be totally historically accurate. But, shouldn't you have until at least when the real war ended to try and win? Otherwise why call it a Pacific War?
This though was an intentional design decision for gameplay balance since a moveable end date creates a situation where you don't have the luxury of being able to perfectly plan for the war's end. This is a decision that many PTO games face, unless you want your game to be more of a recreation rather than a game in which the players have a chance to alter history.

It does sound strange that Japan won at that point with your force composition so it may have unfortunately just been a random
bug. Or simply bad luck. I don't know the exact computation for deciding when Japan wins by survival but maybe it had a 1 in a 1000 chance in your game and it managed to hit that 1. I've seen
runs of bad luck in games over the decades and sometimes the gods of dice are just against you.

Through beta testing, the professional reviews, and the many happy other gamers of the title there really hasn't been any complaints of it being lopsided. So I would suggest giving it some more play. I'm sure you'll find it balanced overall, just as I'm sure sometimes as the Allies you'll stomp all over the Japanese and vice versa.