View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2015, 08:03 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
World Re: Operation Flash - Dragalić sector

Althought this scenario is a bit to large for me, a lot to manage, I was drawn to it because of your previous titles. Anyway, I spent a lot of time looking at the map and at my troops and now have a plan.

But first, I found the scouts needing a little something extra. Scouts should have the ability to radio back to their hq unit and in this game I like to give my scouts the ability to call in arty fires. But, only the Pl unit can do that. So, I created separate scout units so that each can call in fires. The Armour Scout Pl was ditched in favor of 6 Armour Scout sections. I need them to conduct recon, route, and security operations.

I ordered my mech inf battalion to the south to find a way to the rear to strike, cut off possible reinforcements, hunt for the Hq unit, and/or destroy artillery FGs. I placed an armour scout sections with each mechanized rifle company.

Now, if (I should say when) I run into opposition, the scouts can call in the rockets (I'll inactivate two of the rocket pods) and especially so if the battalion gets through and locates the rear flank and FGs.

Everyone will sit in place until the mech rifles get through, engages and captures a few flags. If the AI pulls troops away from the forward positions to recapture the flags in it's rear, my forward units will then advance behind massive rocket and artillery fires (All rocket pods free).

Th Croatian side is well planned and organized in proper formations.

Thanks.

---------------------------------

"I'm gonna have me some fun, I'm gonna have me some fun, I'm gonna have me some fun."