View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2009, 06:52 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs vs. Vets III: Revolution, MA, CBM, Under Construction.

To balance it a bit this time, I was considering allowing the vets to retain their advantages and just bump the n:v ratio up to 3:1. I think though that this may scare away even those vets with the gumption to participate in this sort of game, so perhaps it is best to just strip first choice from the vets and stick with 2:1. Suggestions?

If this is the case, then Likely nation selection will be first come, first serve as in the first game, with returning alternates of course having first dibs (a NvV tradition). Of those alternates returning priority would go to the vets (in other words Zeldor and Namad would be pretty much guaranteed their nation choice if they started). I like the alternating idea of one of the vets but I'm not sure how to work that out quickly and efficiently. Suggestions?

With regard to map it may depend on final number of signups but with 24 or so player goal, I'm looking at Balbarian's Aom Ogre Semi Rand or Glory of the Gods (orginal). Even Cleveland's Planet Rorschach is a possibility. Could also ban all water nations and add in some mod nations to prevent any premature hostilities. Suggestions?

Easy research I think should still be retained, though I do want there to be an emphasis on massive armies. To make this possible perhaps maxing out the starting resource and supply multiples. Suggestions?

Special site frequency will likely be scaled back to normal and random events (by popular request) will be common!

Mod nations would also be added if the vets retain first choice to prevent them from monopolizing all the power nations.