Thread: Map Height Maps
View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2017, 10:30 AM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Height Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post
I need step-by-step instructions on this map making utility.
1) I stopped using the coordinate system and just press go. It will take you to the eastern Atlantic somewhere.

2) Zoom out.

3) Point and click your way to where you want to go.

4) Zoom in.

5) Use the + centre hex grid function (found in the upper right corner) to set the map.

6) Download the map.

7) Place the map in the game map folder. You might want renumber it otherwise it'll be 999.

8) I also use the link funtion and email the map link to myself. Then open the venhola map program link on my other computer.

9) Load the map in the editor. It will have no name and appear blank - but it isn't. Use grass or some other terrain that does not change heights and fill in the entire map and the differences in height will show. (There is also a way to fill the map with the basic green/winter/desert terrain - but maybe we can learn that part next class...)

10) Fill in water, roads, towns etc. Save early, save often.

I have my older computer set up next to my newer one. I open the map program with the link function using my older machine and work and edit on the gamemap itself on my newer computer. It saves time. I guess you could use two screeens to get the same sort of result. Often I use other map sources for additional information...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wulfir For This Useful Post: