View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Major General

Foodstamp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Getting EA Oceana out of the water...

<Insert my gripe about Oceania here.>

In all seriousness, there have been several threads talking about how Oceania underperforms. It is the worst of the three water nations and has the hardest time of the three coming to shore.

Let me look into my crystal ball and give you some insite into how these threads play out...

Someone tries Oceania and realizes that it is not that great of a nation.

Someone who does not play Oceania snaps at the person saying they do not know how to play the game or use the nation to it's full potential.

Several more people chime in talking about the air breathing amulet, the weaksauce troops that CAN come to shore and independent archers being viable alternatives.

-----------------------------------------------------

People who play the nation know that:

Most of Oceania's troops become weak on land, and the ones that do not are weak to begin with.

There is a bug where if a unit that has stealth in the water moves to an enemy land province, or to a province that is taken by an enemy while the land version of the stealth unit is still in the province, it essential dooms the unit to suiciding on the guards or praying the province gets taken back. (Meaning the unit cannot take further actions including "Move" like other stealthed units can)

Sirens have an abyssmal chance to lure a commander.

In the water, Atlantis and Rlyeh say "Here you go, we brought you a gift, your *** on a platter."

------------------------------------------------------