View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2018, 03:05 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Missing Lost Scenarios?

An important factor to consider is the original age of the scenario as you originally found it.....many OOB's have undergone major reconstruction over the years and I ( try ) to keep up with that in the scenarios issued with the game. Those are checked before every release so if an OOB has a number of changes made over time the game scenarios get upgraded each step of the way......but if you dig up one that is 9 years old and has never been upgraded you could find weird things especially if the original was made with units that were infantry then over time the OOB was changed and there ended up with a vehicle uni in what had been an infantry unit.

I have copies if all OOB's for both games going back to the last DOS versions and sometimes I have to check when a scenario was built to find our why odd things are happening but it's rare as I rarely have to deal with " found" old scenarios

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: