View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2024, 06:55 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Horsies and motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christocipher View Post
I forgot to say the other funny thing is that for the German unbritten cavalry with 4 in charge of the transport horses and 8 men dismounted Is that the 4 men must be in charge of 3 horses each. I find that they are really good at fighting even with the 2 extra horses they can still gallop at full speed, lay smoke and stuff just as good as when there is one man per horse. Having a choose of a stationary when dismounted cavalry group is more like they are just standing around holding the horses instead of fighting and if you tied them up to a tree or hobbled them then all 12 men can fight in the one dismounted squad. Hope this makes sense.
That would require multiple new Units (you'd need two units of both dismounts and mounts, one for each type) and Formations (you'd need two formations, one for each type) AND would be a significant "issue" with regard to Unit Classes (currently there is NO WAY to designate one dismount and mount combination to be used in one formation and a totally separate combination to be used in the other).

It CAN be done.
But it's such a niche instance it's not worthwhile to try to implement it game wide.
This sort of thing is EXACTLY why the editors are included with the game. Make these custom units/formations, use to your hearts content!

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post: