Thread: Wishlist Hue city 1967-68
View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2017, 06:10 AM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hue city 1967-68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurachn View Post
Monty's Map does a good job of capturing the layout of the land, though it does have a bit more rural look than the actual city.
Especially around the citadel, I wonder if there is a way to get the look of the massive stone walls, fortifications and ornate buildings of the citadel?

Bit of a challenge here, but this nasty 'knife fight in a phone booth' was pretty much the tipping point for the US in Vietnam.
The stone walls etc. cannot be modelled in-game. There are no icons for such things - only hedgerows. I attempted to model the outer wall using a level one hill and special terrain. That is as close as you are going to get in the current build. I am taking another look at the map and re-jigging the outer wall and canals, however. I'll eliminate the gaps altogether. Perhaps I can put some building up on the "citadel wall" to simulate towers etc. I'll need to re-acquaint myself with the geography though.

Maybe someone in the community wants to mod some Vietnamese buildings? I hear building creation is a laborious process. I, for one, don't fancy myself as up to the task.

Last edited by RecruitMonty; September 17th, 2017 at 06:30 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to RecruitMonty For This Useful Post: