Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2009, 05:53 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide Junkie View Post
In cargo is the same as deployed to the planet.
As long as you're not trying to store them in orbital bases, they will work just fine.

Base maintenance is in the settings.txt
If you want full control, you could set the base maintenance to zero, and then add a negative resource generation ability (use the one that is independent of planet value!) to the facilities. Set the description to mention maintenance costs, and you're golden.
This has the additional benefit of making the construction and maintenance costs independent. For example, you could have a power plant that costs metal to build, but uses up 500 organics and generates 1500 rads each turn.

Start with Kwok's Balance Mod AI scripts. And don't play finite resources against AIs. It won't work well unless you're willing to put in a lot of work to make them act completely different.
You'll want to play against humans in order to make a finite resource game practical.

Settings.txt again. The minimum/maximum resources for various start options are listed in there.

Thanks Suicide Junkie I found the maintenance cost for all facilities within the settings.txt . I will try and figure out the negative resource generation ability.
I figured my first few games would be with finite resources since I'm just starting and this would help give me a fair balance until I'm ready for tougher challenges.

I understand Captain Kwok... has any long term testing been done to determine which AI opponents have better performance? This type of testing could be a competition against the modders to determine which AI opponent has the best performance after 50 turns for 20 games.

Any advice or suggestions for #3 and #4 ?