View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2015, 11:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oil Crisis Spreads series

I did playthrough of all of them before releasing. Yes, I forgot to mention they are kinda demanding. I won all of them, but with heavy, very heavy losses. In fact, Doorway to Arabia with UK Paras left me standing with about 20 combat capable men of entire reinforced battalion.
Obviously no spoilers though ^^
In "To Block the Push" I recommend to advance quickly and relentlessly in order to develop good defensive position for proper fight. Use TOWs and Shileilaghs well, try to secure their dropzones so crews won't die. You can also use jeeps dropped with Stinger teams. These jeeps - in my vision - are to be used for quick transportation of ammo caches between TOWs and Stingers. Yet, I had to survive this on close combat with my good old LAWs only :P

More to come in some time: a continuation of "Doorway to Arabia" when Gurkhas are transported to reinforce the Paras against onslaught of proper Saudi forces...
And USMC assault right on Abu Dhabi, capital of UAE, that was just a bunch of dirt and some stone buildings back then.

REQUEST
Generally, Saudi peninsula got developed after 1991. If anyone has good picks of key cities or bases during '70s era, I would be glad, it may help me with maps.
Also, UAE military at that time was not particularly existent as this country was forming from couple of duchies into proper federal state. Same goes to military, UAE had about 7 different forces, ranging from battalion sized to couple of thousand men under the rule of one of the princes. It was quite feudal, in short. If anyone has anything on this, I could well use it, too.