View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2008, 01:46 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kaleva, Songs of Sorcery - 0.85 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingchih View Post
Can't wait to eventually cast Construct Sampo. What exactly does it do?

The spellsinger sprite seems a little underwhelming, but I'm sure you know how they should look better than I. I had expected something a little more grandiose, but no complaints. Maybe Kristoffer could whip something up if you asked him nicely
Sampo generates supplies and gems, is a F1 mage and has alchemy bonus (he needs magic to be able to alchemize). You probably need the hero Ilmarinen to make it.

Actually, Kristoffer already whipped up something. To be more precise:

- Spellsinger sprite is LA Ulm Wolfherd.
- Wiseman sprite is from one of the two Vanarus sprites that currently exist.
- Väinämöinen is one of the Ancestor Smiths with different sword, IIRC. Or perhaps EA Ulm Antlered Shamans with the antlers cut off and sword as a weapon.
- Two other heroes are from LA Bogarus and LA Midgård, including magic and parts of the description.
- I think Ilmarinen, the smith-hero, still lacks a sprite. If he still turns up as a naked giant, that's still Kristoffer.
- Sampo sprite is from the Ma Pythium pretender who's carried on a palanquin.
- Näkki is R'lyeh's Shambler Thrall.
- Gnome is Gnome, red cap and all. He's a rare independent mage available from some sites.
- Otso-bears or whatever I called them use one of the existing bear sprites IIRC. Perhaps Fall Bear? They're basically Kithaironic Lions with Great Bear base stats.
- Axeman, Huntsman and the hunter chief sprite are all from the MA Man axeman.
- Hakkapelite sprite is from the DomII Tuatha rider. I don't remember if I edited anything besides the spear; they look quite different without glamour.
- Herdsman sprites are from Deer and Wolf tribals, IIRC. I made the lasso and gave them legs that are in different pose.
- Hiisi and Moose Brothers are Vaetti, or perhaps Bakemono. I'm not sure any more, I made their graphics first. Hiisi sorcerers are Bakemono sorcerers.
- Bear Tribe sprites weren't changed.