View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2003, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Dominions II In-Game Typos

Not sure, but I suggest the following change in the "events".

“A triton prince has come to you in search of the fabled Orb of Atlantis. He and his retinue was so impressed by your wondrous palaces that he swore his allegiance to you”. Replace was with were.
“An old tower surrounded by wisps of mist was found on a high mountaintop. The owner of the tower agreed to help you for a meagre fifty pounds of gold and a couple of virgins”. Replace meagre by meager.
“Gold deposits have been found and a new mine is being built. Tax revenues have been premanently increased by 30 pounds of gold”. Replace premanently by permanently.
“An annatural plague has swept the province killing thousands”. Not sure but annatural should be replaced by unnatural I believe.
“Great treasures was found!”. Replace was by were, or write A great treasure was found.
“A grand festival was held in your honour”. Replace by honor.
A wave of religious zeal / A group of zealots. Replace comitted by committed.
“Realizing the power of the beatiful and ever growing nature”. Beautiful.
“The temperature has dropped considerably and blizzards devastates the land”. Devastate.
“A sect of dark cultists have appeared in your province”. Remove have.
“A group of visiting heroes have decided to rid this province from your unfair rulership”. I’d say Visiting heroes have, or A group of visiting heroes decided.
“Trolls living under bridges have killed and eaten travellers crossing the bridges”. Travelers.
“Heavy snowfalls has blocked important mountain roads”. Have.
“Rain has been pouring down and the entire province is severly flooded”. Severely.
“People here are very unruly and have destroyed valuable equipment that is neccessary for us”.
In different Messages: replace defence by defense.
In different Messages: “Tax losses was xxx pounds of gold”. Should be loss, or were.