View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2017, 07:41 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Stryker platoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Rifles View Post
the company has crews to operate the dismounted 60mm mortars OR the Stryker-mounted 120s, and the battalion mortar platoon can man the dismounted 81s OR the 120s, but not both at the same time.

Now...this is something I wanted to "fix" as well the old LMC Spt 04 H formation had a Stryker, an 81 mm mortar and 2 120mm M1129's. The problem with that for the game is the 81 mm mortars will not auto-load into the Stryker making it a bit sloppy for a human player as they always have to load it manually but the real problem is if you don't manually deploy everything the game will place the troops in the formation out of sequence to the carriers skipping the 81 mm mortar and you end up with the last carrier in the coy empty and the 81 mm mortar on foot and it always seemed odd there would be a dismounted mortar mixed in with SP mortars and a organization chart I saw recently showed just two 1129's...no foot mortar so I changed that plt to 2 m1129s.....so is that wrong ?

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....