View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:08 PM

Brigadier General

Richard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Announcement Re: Editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezeal View Post
When I press the "manage attachments" button it shows this:

The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 30 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message.

So there is no work around yet.

Another request on the same topic:

While you get to edit a "title" when editing the first post this isn't really the thread title but some sort of sub-title only shown in the thread.

It would be nice if the edit title line would let us actually edit the title to reflect for example the version of the mod in the title that is seen on the forum (and let me edit the old title of my mod thread which doesn't cover the content anymore)

PS: compliments on the very fast reactions in this thread and the fast reaction in getting the option to edit first posts again.
Got the attachment thing as far as I can tell by a quick scan that is the only other occurance of the timelimit check code but let me know if you find something else.

As far as the title that is very deeply imbedded into the code of vb and would require a fairly extensive re-write to resolve. So I doubt that's something we can do unless there's a mod out there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post: