Thread: SE 4 Gold
View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2006, 08:52 PM

Major

douglas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SE 4 Gold

Quote:
c_of_red said:Ever hear the term "Compound Interest"?
Yes. How, exactly, does this 2.5% advantage make use of that mechanic? 2.5% cheaper ships translates directly to 2.5% more ships for the same cost. I don't have the slightest clue how this advantage might compound without being used in combat, so when the first battles happen it will still be a mere 2.5%. SJ has posted proof that even a 30% advantage can be overcome by other factors, at least in his mod, and I sincerely doubt any real-world historical battle was decided by a numerical advantage that small. Yes, if everything else is exactly equal, then that 2.5% difference may decide the victor. The odds of that ever actually happening are so tiny as to be practically nonexistent.

Quote:
c_of_red said:The Main reason I'm ditching MOO3 is that if you build your empire thru skullduggery, deceit and bribery, as an empire should be built, the Program drops as many ships as needed on you to destroy your empire.
You are looking at the trees and not seeing the forest.
I agree with you that MoO3 is a bad game. Your opinion of how an empire "should" be built, however, is just that - an opinion. An empire forged through deceit, political maneuvering, etc. WILL eventually have to back it up with force unless its maneuvering and deceit is truly SPECTACULARLY well done, preferably accompanied by copious amounts of luck.