View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2015, 07:02 PM

Corporal

chris h is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scenario creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks View Post
The game is designed to be played at "battalion" strength.

The A0 unit is battalion commander (lt-colonel), under this are company and platoon level commands.

The game has 3 Tiers of command Battalion -> Company -> Platoon (->units).
Whether you, or the country depicted, consider the "battalion" a regiment, battlegroup, combat team, etc is pretty irrelevant.

I think you will struggle in terms of trying to field an entire Division, in terms of:
Max units (core max 200)
Max points (core[total?] 65,000)
command structure
Speed of play (both in terms of how long it takes you to do each turn and the wait for the Ai to complete its turn)
Some problems have been reported with huge games (the engine may reach its effective limit before actual maximums).

I think most folks do long campaigns with 3 or 4 companies, plus ancillary suport troops (artillery, etc) - OR LESS!
OK! It appears I'm too ambitious.

I've played a number of large scenarios were a Div has been depicted, Scenario 29 - Showdown at Jandrain for instance. From what you said this would explain the lack of a proper command structure but there are lots of units. Is this possible because it is a stand alone scenario and not a campaign.

Am I correct in assuming therefore that campaigns enforce (probably the wrong word) restrictions on the number of units for the reasons you stated but scenarios do not.