View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2009, 02:08 AM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Underwater Gameplay Improvement Mod (UWGIM) v0.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
Okay, I did this mod to fix some things that bug me about UW nations and the underwater concept in general.

... ...

Why?
I mean seriously, has anyone ever forged pills of water breathing to bring troops underwater just so that they could get their asses handed to them because of the poor amphibian penalties? The poor amphibian penalty alone makes it exremely difficult for a land nation to assault underwater effectively. The air requirement on Amulte of the Fish is just plain annoying due to lack of air sites underwater and hampers EA R'lyeh considerably.
All great stuff Burnsaber! Did you know in Dominions_2 any water mages could enter water provinces and the higher the water magic the more troops could follow!

Unfortunately the DOM_3 beta testers never complained enough when the developers removed this ability and thus crippling what little assistance the AI opponents had for expanding into water provinces. As a result during our LAN games which include AI opponents we have no choice, but to play only land maps OR very specific and few AI opponents.

Quote:
Why?
I don't even have to explain the Kelp Fortress change. The new sites are added because vanilla underwater gem income is very heavily focused towards nature & earth, which really warps the amount of available stragedies to UW nations.
Yes, an oddity in Dom_3... also strange how there's no blood sites in water provinces. One of the developers said there's no blood sites because the blood washes away the water, but actually blood and water would mix. There's fire sites in water provinces... strange how water doesn't extinguish fire sites.