View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2012, 07:33 PM

Private

Avarchillion is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MA - The House of Malkav -The Malkavians

Thank you for your healthy critic. :-)

Quote:
1) The Elder cannot summon Big, Dumb, and Ugly. The blood slaves are used but no War Ghoul appears.
puh, did you download the newest version of the mod? i never had a problem with the war ghoul summoning. just tried it and it worked. could be a compatibillity issue. i do not think that this mod is compatible with any other mods.

Quote:
2) Waking Dreamers are UBER POWERFUL for their cost and /gemsummon, not to mention their research value, even with 30 Shattered Soul.
i tried a lot of differend configurations with these commanders and i thought that their high unpredictabillity would make up for their powers. it normaly turns out like this: you have 10 waking dreamers and all should be researching BUT 3 of them destroy your temple (so you can not hire other commanders), 2 are muttering, 1 is attending a funeral and anotherone is happily pillaging your hometown.
maybe i could increase their shattered soul stat?

Quote:
3) Maiandros is probably the most powerful being I have ever seen. I was lucky to get him and set him on the Koopa Kingdom early; he assassinated their Titan god several times while bringing their capitol to 100+ unrest. Then I used him as a raider, didn't even need any spells or items, or Immortality, he would frequently annihilate entire provinces of 150-250+ armies.
well, sry for that. i have tought about tweaking him, but i liked the idea of some kind of insane god, that is nearly uncontolable and is a menace as much to you as to anyone else. if you read the malkavian book you start seeing him as a kind of superpower in himself.

Quote:
3) Mad Prophets are likewise overpowered with +4 Blood Vengeance. You can send them against most armies of enormous size and be confident they have a great chance of winning. Also, they cannot Preach, was that intended?
you are right there. this is something i was about to lower. i wanted them to be more like insane conspiray guys (there are real conspirays out there, but also a lot of insane guys) that preach some dribble and never work together. so i wanted them to be more of a heretic then a preacher.

Quote:
4) I find myself not recruiting anything but Waking Dreamers, Freaks, and Mad Prophets... they are so very powerful that nothing else much matters. Freaks though are much better balanced: their lack of head armor is a real equalizer.
again, i will try to tweak them a bit so it´s more balanced.

Quote:
The sprites are very well done, the descriptions are SUPERB (there are some few typos in the nation description and elsewhere), just the prices for immortal vampire commanders (which are thematically recruitable everywhere) are quite a bit low and two or three are extremely overpowerful in every scenario.
thank you again! the commanders and heroes description come more or less from the malkavian book. anything else i made up on my own. :-) It was rather fun doing it. :-)
i am good at that kind of thing.

Quote:
I did not find the crossbowmen at 15g/10r and 1 attack per round to be THAT gamebreaking. In fact, they were far more imminently killable than the vampires and I found to be eventually rather a waste of your extremely limited gold.
you don´t recruit them for a real battle. you recruit them for guard duty. they are very good at patrolling your vampire ravaged provinces and are rather cheap. ;-)

also the riders have weapons, i checked that. they have a "riders lance".

so, thanks for the critisism and try version 1.2.3.

i hope i will have a new and more balanced version uploaded soon.

by the way, i am german, so please show me where my spelling errors are.

avarchillion