View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2017, 12:08 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Helo News game related.

It sounds like from NAVAIR it's designed also for direct assault operations as well of troops and equipment. From NAVAIR...
"Mission
The CH-53K will transport Marines, heavy equipment and supplies during ship-to-shore movement in support of amphibious assault and subsequent operations ashore."

Not surprising this helo will/does carry an advanced EW system, ground avoidance radar and should game wise, probably have at least a TI/GSR 50. This does also have obvious Special Ops applications as it'll be easily able to carry a couple of their special purpose vehicles and teams with no problems for deep penetration ops.
http://www.navair.navy.mil/index.cfm...1-3DD82B1DDB0F

We're not going to use something because of it's cost, we're not going to see the F-35 just sit on an airfield or carrier. What would be the point of having them then? No piece of modern equipment is "cheap" any longer when a tank can easily run over 10 million dollars a copy for some.

It's the era we live in and for better or worse the one we play in here. I would hope we NEVER exclude a piece of equipment for cost reasons (And I know we won't.) that's for the player to decide on what and how to use their resources. We just make it available and design it to the best of our abilities to make as realistic as the "real world" counter part.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..