View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2012, 10:29 AM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mod v1.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyes View Post
I think you might be under pricing them now. I would peg the demon knight as being stronger than a wight, other than not being a leader (which is a large drawback) at least at the level of a bane. Devils, Fiends of Darkness, and Storm Demons, also have the advantage of flight and can excel as raiders due to that, you don't need a lot of storm demons to make a competent raiding force.

I think the exercise is somewhat interesting because evaluating blood summons in gem-terms aids in comparisons towards other summons.
Uh, this is kind of a delayed response but that's one of my trademarks.

I don't disagree with your analysis but I think part of what I had in mind was trying to "sell" the idea to blood nations by making the transition to gem based summons not quite as painful as it would be if you completely went by the utility of the units. Also, for thematic reasons, generally speaking I would like to encourage blood nations to use blood summons rather than other gem based summons.

Anyway, you've humored me enough that you can expect I'll PM you to help set prices and play in the game in the event I do give this a try.