Thread: LE Mictlan woes
View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2006, 05:31 PM

Corporal

Ozymandias is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LE Mictlan woes

Mictlan is all about the blessing. Their national conjurations and blood summonings are all sacred, so your bless is still valuable even in the late game when your national troops are only useful in a support role. Jaguar Warriors are really good. I play EA Mictlan more then LA, but my standard bless is w9n6b6 this coupled with a high base dominion allows for cheap effective expansion armies. Jags get good mileage out of regeneration because of their thirty hit points over two forms, but the nature bless is largely to benefit my later, high hit point, super combatant, demonic sacreds. Transformed Jaguar Warriors, Jaguars, and Ozelotls all have three attacks so a fire bless is very strong for them.

It is very hard to find a use for the nonsacred Mictlan national troops. For patroling, garisoning, and sieging Slave levys are your best choice. Slaves are also perfect for absorbing initial lance charges and decoying arrow fire. The map move 2 Warriors (the 9g, 2 resource, naked slingers) are marginally useful with a fire priest and Flaming Arrows, but indy archers with precision greater then 10 aren't that uncommon.