View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2005, 08:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

Andrew Lonon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Demo saves being corrupted

Collingwood:

Thanks for your excellent error reporting! That is exactly what I should need to find and fix that problem. I will have an update available on Shrapnel’s site or at SprueGames this weekend that will allow you to proceed with the demo. (The update will just be the core excitable for Mac or PC ~ 30 – 40 MB)

Pre-Plotted Simultaneous Movement
Yes – it was considered, but as far as the implementation got was the automatic movement option that moves all the ships at the same time. On one hand, I believe that it would get very difficult to plan each ship’s movement when you have to keep track of where your ships will be, as well as where they are/were. (Moving a ship into the same space that another is moving out of and what not...) The other hand is that it would be a definite improvement to have a representation of what each ship wants to do, sort of a “Im already planning on going here” marker. Then you would not need to move that ship if it was already doing the right thing. Suffice it to say – I’m thinking about this for future developments.

PS – I am sorry for the trouble you have been having. Unquestionably bad form on my part. What. What.

"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Ratty