View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Alam Halfa Ridge

Turn 13

Continuing to pressure enemy infantry in the middle. Resistance from the enemy is light. Still engaging with artillery, infantry, ATGs, StuGs and MG-42s. My infantry is leaving their MG-42 support behind and catching up with the scouts. The scouts have been holding position in the middle because of the enemy infantry presence. Scouts along the flanks are trying to move around to get a better view of the objectives. Friendly casualties were light while the enemy took moderate casualties. Two platoons of tanks are cautiously moving forward to provide support. There are still tank mounted 6pdrs out there, but those are screened by smoke of burning tanks right now.

The enemy 6pdr ATGs have been destroyed. One was taken out be a sweet 1750m shot from a StuG. First shot kill. A half strength scout took out the other one. I'm sure there are more around, but that's two I don't have to worry about.

One of the middle objective Crusader III tanks was destroyed by long range StuG fire. My StuGs had a good turn.

The spoiling attack is a but finished. Two Valentine III tanks were destroyed. Even the two of the Crusaders watching the destruction of the spoiling attack fell victim to long range fire. One Valentine III and one Crusader III are all that are visible in the South sector, except running crews. One platoon of my tanks have moved up to cover this flank. They won't advance too far until my scouts determine if more 6pdr ATGs are present.

Counter battery continuing on 5.5in howitzers, but it's wrapping up. Next turn, I'll move my SPAs. Visibility is high, but with the volume of smoke around, the move has a good chance of being hidden.

Enemy artillery finally woke up. An off-board 25pdr battery hit one of my 75mm ATGs, but no casualties have been reported. Mortar fire also targeted my StuGs, but they had moved so the fire was off the mark.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Three Crusader III and two Valentine III tanks destroyed, two 6pdr ATGs destroyed, estimated 20+ casualties.