View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2008, 06:08 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Alam Halfa Ridge

Turn 14

Enemy center appears to be collapsing. There was very little Resistance of by the enemy infantry. Surviving tanks from the North sector and near the middle objective did fire at my StuGs, but failed to hit. Friendly artillery was rough on the retreating enemy infantry again, but I'll have to cease fire soon to resupply the towed batteries. The SPAs are on the move to new firing locations. StuGs picked up the MG-42s to get them caught up with the advancing infantry.

The last tank of the enemy spoiling attack has been destroyed. Scouts advanced in the South sector and encountered no new enemy units. One last Crusader III remains stationary in the rear. It probably won't last long.

One more Crusader III was destroyed close to the middle objective.

Enemy artillery inflicted some casualties on my 75mm ATG. Other random artillery and mortar fire hit unoccupied desert. One enemy mortar has been sighted.

In general, enemy Resistance seems to be falling apart, but I believe there will be more closer to the objectives. There should be ATGs, AAA and more infantry. At this point, it's looking like the enemy has no air assets. If they did, they certainly would have showed up by now.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: One Crusader III and one Valentine III tanks destroyed, estimated 20 casualties.