DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fixes for the iraqi OOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcello View Post

Yes, the Kh-28 was the ARM of choice
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcello View Post

I was not planning to raise this issue for this patch as in fact I am not entirely sure about initial availability date. 1984 does not sound too bad but it might have been earlier, like 1982-1983. SIPRI for example lists 1983 for delivery. I have read claims on forums about it being used operationally already in 1982. Hence my comment about leaving the initial formation availability date alone. I was planning to get a book on the Iraqi air force which might have the answer but it isn't going to happen very soon.
The adjustment I've made will do for now based on the info we have on that one aircraft but what I am most interested in is when anything, be it tank, rifle or ARM missile is ready to be used operationally . Not when it was unloaded from the boat and not when it was first used in anger but when ( roughly ) it was actually issued so there will always be room for "interpretation" with that but anything within that year is close enough.

With all of this we are at the mercy of "sources" from "experts" who often conflict and if one source claims weapon X was available 1983 and another claims 1985 I'm quite happy making it 1984 but in this case there were big gaps at either end which is why I said the exisitng dates were not good enough. I cannot leave formations open ended.

Don