Thread: Mod Independent Kingdom
View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2010, 01:02 PM

Sergeant

Adept is on a distinguished road
Default Independent Kingdom

modname: Independent Kingdom 1.00

Get it here

The kingdom is the fruit of a long simmering idea of mine that I finally actualised over the last few months. A nation that rises from one of those independent provinces that are usually just fodder in the godswar. No cheesy national elite forces, just a good mix of indies and mages that are already in the game (and not cherry picking the best there either). As the idea developed, I added two special pretenders to round out the idea.

Heroes are the four leaders of the coven of enchantresses, and a multihero cardinal (a lvl 3 indie-style priest).

The look and feel is that of a feodal medieval kingdom. I'm very proud of the balance of the provincial defence, that works just right. Rather weedy at low levels, but really coming to it's own at 30+ points. The only custom troop is the provincial cavalry, filling in a medium cav gap I've long felt exists in Dominons.

Knights, Warrior Mages and Enchantresses (elemental) are capital only.

This nation is very fun to play, and definitely not cheesy. I hate the tendency of fan-made content to feature units which "go to eleven", and I'm pretty sure nobody should have trouble with this nation being included in a multiplayer game. The custom pretenders are also thematic and interesting, but not spectacular.

My thanks to Nekov for help with the graphics.