View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2010, 01:43 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: problem with Dom3Minions server

POWER GRID BLINKED
My apologies to all. The power in my neighborhood blinked off and back on restarting the server.
Domains and Emails restored :within 10 minutes
Worlds and MUDs restored: within 20 minutes
Dominions 3 personal games: 20 of them, within 45 minutes
Dominions 3 quicky open games: 76 of them, still happening. I am spreading the restart of those so that the server isnt impacted by so many games on the same timer.

Altho it did spark an idea on how I can rewrite the ReBooted.sh to recognize the difference between quicky games that have started from those that were waiting for joiners. Maybe by the time this happens again I can have the quicky games abit more prioritized on their restarts.

We recently passed 100 concurrent Dom3 games running 24/7 for connection on this server. Something that originally only a PbEM server could achieve but a number of excellent patches over the years have helped. I happily reported this landmark to Johan. Im eager to see how the next patch with the "Improved performance and window resposivness of the 'AI thinking' host stage" in it will improve my server load since on some of these games I DEFINITELY see that stage of the hosting process impacting the system.

This thread exists so that people can post if they have any problems on the server. None?

If you have any questions, or want to tell me that one of the games can be closed, I am usually in the Chat. Hit the Chat link up top of the page by the Forum Rules.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)