View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2005, 10:23 PM

Colonel

Arkcon is on a distinguished road
Default OT: Son of a ...

I'm currently unemployed, and I have my resume on some job sites with a throw-away email address. Good thing I did it that way, becaue I found this email in my box today:

Quote:
Hello Arkcon. My name is Robert Hutchins and I work for a company called Deg Invest I found your resume on careerbuilder.com because we are searching for reliable professionals across the United States who are interested in a potentially lucrative partnership with an international firm.

Deg Invest is a leading investition company in Germany and we are currently expanding our operations in the United States. But because of various banking and legal restrictions, we are unable to open commercial bank accounts in every state. As such, Deg Invest is recruiting partners to conduct simple banking transactions on our behalf.
Quote:
And so on. So there you have it. The typical 419 scam. I guess I shouldn't be suprised, but their brazen letter, and even their matter-of-fact website, just leaves me feeling so . Not at how low and greedy people are, that's a given. But that they would assume anyone would be so stupid as to fall for this.

Dang, this only happened when I posted to careerbuilder.com, it didn't happen with monster.com or others. Good thing I created the throwaway email for it.