Thread: Question PBeM Security Failure?
View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2012, 11:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road
Question PBeM Security Failure?

I'm currently playing a SECURE PBeM, it is now (as of the problem) my third turn, just received the file from my opponent and suddenly that message above caught my attention.

I'm the second player (Germany), hence you can see that the load counter is one increment higher than the quit counter because I had not pressed the quit button.

My question:

1. Why does the opponent's (1st Player, USA) Load and Quit counters show a mere 001 while we're currently at turn 3. At minimum they should show 003.

2. My opponent's FAIL counter is horrendously high: 508. Why is that? I know certainly he's a respected veteran at theBlitz.org so I know cheating is not the problem here.

3. What's more confusing, I have my own FAIL numbers too: 2. This I can tell you for a fact that I've never reloaded any turn, nor I have any crashes with the game.

I believe (if my memory is right), on previous turns, this message showed normal numbers. (I don't remember about the opponent's LOAD and QUIT, but I can remember with certainty that NONE of us had FAIL numbers on the previous turns).

Last edited by RightDeve; November 17th, 2012 at 01:03 AM..