View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2003, 07:59 PM

Private

FloridaFringe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: About the text delay speed..

Actually, having the ability to adjust the text speed during a match (ala WCBM) would satisfy everybodys needs. There are so many different opinions on what the appropriate speed should be at any given time that it would be best to allow for an in-game adjustment slider. It should vary in range between having Click to Continue on up to absolutely no delay as options if the user so desired.

The more options available to the player the better and this could prove an excellent area for advancement.

Personally, being forced to Click to Continue would drain a large portion of the flow that exists while watching a match. The balance for me is approximately 8 seconds delay on average. Anything slower than that and I would get completely bored and probably lose attention. Having to click between each text display is way more effort than I care to exert in “watching” the match unfold. I would prefer to feel as if I am actually at the event as opposed to sitting in front of the computer with a mouse in my hand waiting for my finger to press some buttons in order for everything to move along as it should.

Furthermore, there are times that the match just needs to end for one reason or another. Sometimes a point is reached where my fighter is more than likely going to lose or more than likely going to win. Either way, it would be nice to turn the speed up to the max and get the ball rolling faster onto the next stage. This is not a bad thing in the least unless you must Click to Continue or wait several seconds between text.

There are many that may agree and many that may not. In the end it could just go to show that there are too many personal opinions on what a comfortable speed setting is for them personally at whatever point of the match that they may be.