View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2020, 12:19 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: German Campaign using War Cab

End Turn 5
The brits did indeed fall for it & place arty along the road, however some fell on Centre road killing an Opel truck I had supposedly moved back to safety. Its okay fast push means its falling behind us.
No more CB fire by my batterie lucky first turn location.

Contact made that's one tough squad man down despite 7 units engaging inc the StuG & both A/C. One only moved one hex nearly 40% hit rate but just shrugged it off.
Oh well but those little A/C are usually pretty hard on the on infantry.
Centre
Honeys died to ATG one took 4 hits to succumb, no infantry fire from that area so will press on for front of hill 1 & that clump of Vhexes by the trees.

Destroyed a Mech squad in trees & took fire from another squad, StuG smoked deal with later priority is locating an ATG as its holding up the advance. Leading squad risked fast move should get eyes on next go.

We spotted an M10 3in tank destroyer unfortunately its 30 hexes away from the tanks so they moved onto hill so in LOS range next turn, received fire from ATG in AI turn. Arty should hit M10 & hopefully the ATG this turn.

If anyone is interested M10's were very dangerous especially if armed with 76mm or 17 pounders the speed & visibility due to the open top worked.
Germany had very limited artillery in the last few years of the war, could not manufacture the shells due to lack of resources.
Being open top was therefore not such a big issue & the extra visibility compared to tanks of the day paid dividends. In US hands I think they destroyed around the same amount of tanks as all the Sherman's.

BOTTOM
Now engaged squad routed note arty plot including smoke.