View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:47 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Don,
To the M1A1 SA/ED & Iraqi SA, thank god I didn't delete my refs yet as I think I missed one to put in. I saw some mention of an advanced
M1A1 tank to be designated M1A1M. It appears that the M1A1 SA/ED (SA) is the bridge to that tank. Please refer to I believe A2 ref 1 and I think it was 3. The M1A1M is not the M1A1 AIM as this is treated separately in this ref I believe I forgot to supply. It seems the three differences I see from other M1A1 tanks is;
1. New advanced FLIR sight (Possible increase to TI/GSR in line w/MERKAVA 4?).
2. New advanced Driver THERMAL sight, game enhancement I don't know unless it helps w/target acquisition somehow.
3. New Commanders target/weapons stabilization system. This sounds like a plus to FC?
This ref, about mid way down, right side has a M1A1 SA drawing you can click on to show the enhancements at a glance. SA/ED adds blue force locator and another electronic enhancement that I can't remember at the moment but is given I think in the first ref to cover the USA M1A1 SA/ED.
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/abrams/ Look to para next to gunners station picture to right side.
We've touched on this no new tanks means too many variations of existing ones. I assure everyone it'll be my mission to cut out the crap (Can I say that? Well I guess I did!) in these countries to make room. Hope this helped some.

Regards,
Pat