View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2009, 07:22 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Silver Lions II - Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by junk2drive View Post
Played 12 turns option 1. My tanks have had an easy time with the enemy APCs and T72s. What I don't like is being pounded turn after turn by enemy arty. Seem you make up for the AI with dice roll destruction. I lost an M113 that way. At least give me some counter battery fire.
The enemy arty is set to 18 tubes of 122mm which is the standard compliment for an MRR. They should actually have some 152mm as well if they are the center of the Division's attack. Also, the OT-64's are really outclassed by the US tanks but once the changes to the 4.5 engine go into effect it should allow some ATGM vehicles the ability to move a few hexes and still fire some ATGM's. With that version the battles should be a different story, at least when the soviets become involved in the campaign (Scenario 7+) and they have BMP's and T64b's.

Quote:
I would like to see the setup zone further east of the VLs. Give me a chance for a fighting withdrawal. Instead I sit and wait and get pounded by arty.
If you only lost a single PC you shouldn't need to withdraw. How far forward, the the slope forward of Cachrov?