Thread: Mod Barbarians Unified
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2007, 09:57 PM

Sergeant

BandarLover is on a distinguished road
Default Barbarians Unified

Alright then. I'm not tech savvy in the least so hopefully I don't screw this up. If I do, have a good laugh on me and revel in your l33tness.

This is my very first mod. It's posted in my mod help thread but I'll remove that and put this here. The basic premise is that all those different barbarian and animal tribe indy's are now unified and playable. With some tweaking by me. This is a late age nation. And is not anywhere near done. Basically, I have the recruitable units where I want them (I think) and a new pretender. There is also a hero unit but I've never gotten him to appear, so I probably did something wrong there.

Also, the new pretender, (Revenant of Shardik) still has a purple shadow. I tried, I really did, and you can see a small black line in the shadow where I atleast got that to show up as shadow. Anyways, details:

Pros:
Cheap and numerous troops.
Several sacred units.
Great melee units.
Good mix of magic commanders.

Cons:
Not well armored for Late Age nation...at all.
Not that good of missile units.
No national summons (later update)
Only one hero who probably doesn't show up.

Now come the thank you's!
Thank you Sombre, Wish, Edi, Paradoxharbinger, Psientist, Foodstamp, Ballbarian, and Gandalf Parker for your fast and helpful replies to my oh-so-noobish questions throughout. You were all a great help. Special thanks to Foodstamp for your Haida Gwaii mod, which I used as a template for this one. It even has the Haida banner until I can make one of my own.
Special thanks to Ballbarian for the wonderous banner. Special thanks to Edi for his extensive Units and weapons DB. And special thanks to Sombre for the sweet graphics (he made the Bear pretender and the hero unit that may or may not show up- which is too bad because it looks awesome!) If this were the Oscars I would be played off the stage so I'll end once more with a thank you! All of this has inspired me to make even more mods in the future.

Haha! I did screw up. You may need to make a folder named Barbarians in the mods folder if you download this. I...am...retarded.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 511238-Barbarians.zip (118.1 KB, 1108 views)

Last edited by lch; August 25th, 2008 at 06:15 PM..