View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2007, 01:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

Hugh Manatee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ramming spoils combat for me

Well some of the enemies are "kamakazies", the Garthans(triangulay ships piloted by aligator lookin guys) and tchorak(the asteroid ships) especially, they are "ram hardended" and WILL try and plow you down, and if you're tryng to ram on purpose they seem to take less damage in relation to you or deal more damage when they collide. Also the Urluquai I tend to smsh into because they like to cloak.

Maneuvering in the midsts of a furbal is a bit of a challenge too, I have accidentally plowed into the tan ru and muktian on occasion.

I find the best combat tactics are either a "firing line" of heavy ships geared with decent shields and heavy guns covered by a few point defense ships with the rail guns and micrometeorite guns that should kill everything before ramming becomes an issue, hit and run with the supper weapons like the gong, multi missiles and particle thingee, then retreating and coming back till everything dies, or cat and mouse cloakiing/decloaking ECM battles a'la Wrath of Kan/Undiscovered Country.