Thread: Tall buildings
View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2018, 12:34 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Tall buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
I did not have time to get round to building height this year - probably next year I will put in a building height map layer for maps, which the code can read and so not reduce "tall" buildings back to the "default height" for buildings in the bit of code that fixes up maps data.
Years ago, we had a thread discussing placing troops within the building such that the building provides some "cover" as well as elevated LOS. I seem to recall, the code was in such a mess (we used to call it "spaghetti code") that it was deemed to difficult or not worth the effort at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightDeve View Post
Finally another high-rise-building thread.

Smokes, lower buildings, lower terrain elevations, and trees, all can be overcome when climbing such high rise buildings. I have tested it in two PBEM with these buildings.
Interesting ideas to increase the LOS, especially useful in Urban Operations (UO) scenarios. I envision scouts and FOOs placed on high buildings and snipers as well.