View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2016, 06:28 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lessons Learned from the Rus - Ukr war

I dont see anything unexpected in this at all, Russian units are now more flexible but still tend to stick to the plan. Decent Russian equipment is just that we should stop underestimating it like we have done for the last 40 years or so, ERA works ATGM counter measures work.
They have ECM capabilities & there battlefield awareness is getting there.
The Russians have known what artillery is capable of since forever basically & now using the TOS system with thermobaric warheads being dug in is far less helpful to survival. If the heat doesn't get you the lack of air to breath probably will.
Seems to me everything they were bad at they now do better, sometimes with the Wests help. We cant compete on the TI front so lets buy the stuff & no doubt reverse engineer it to see where we are going wrong.
Luckily your probably looking at only a percentage of their forces being well trained & equipped, that's a big pool to pull your best guys from & give the good stuff to.
So going back to WW1 & the disregard for human life the rest are cannon fodder to deplete stores.
If they ever went up against the USA I would send the canon fodder in first & let them use all the expensive ATGMs etc against them then send in the good guys not the other way round due to their overkill approach.