View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2010, 11:11 PM

BANNED USER

TheConway is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ogre Kingdoms, Gathering of Might Primer

FYI your mod link is to a version no longer updated. While it is currently up to date, it will no longer be so if Sombre adds more to the mod. If you want to get the up to date version of any Sombre mods then you need to go here: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/...owtopic=2&st=0

Other than that, this seems like a decent guide. However, you missed a couple things:

Slave giants love having toothcracker & trollguts on them. It makes them extremely tough. Try combining that with a girdle of might for more damage and some reinvig. The same thing applies to Mawguts. Keep in mind that the primary mawgut attack is an aoe swallow that literally eats whole squares of units. Add boots of quickness for even more lulz.

Scales wise, I think you are right that this is definitely a turmoil nation. Ogres don't have any high end recruitable mages, have stupidly cheap temples, and their forts aren't very expensive either. I wouldn't underestimate the possibility of drain though. With your dying dom, you can set up a henchfiend factory outside it, or better yet, in an enemy's magic dom. This brings me to another point: there is very little reason if you're not involved in a heavy midgame war to not set up a bunch of henchfiend summoners in a province that happens to have magic dom and have it be your main research province.

Beyond the early turns, there really isn't any reason to recruit butchers. Slaughtermasters are better mages and better bloodhunters, and not really that much more expensive.

Another build you can add to your pretender section is the N9 awake dragon. The bless is actually quite good for your mawtribes that will be the bulk of your armies, and the dragon makes early expansion a breeze, as well as giving you that early mother oak, and later GoH if you really want to mess with people.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheConway For This Useful Post: