View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2019, 07:50 PM

Private

Pat58 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Germany 25 Missions

Hard to believe I started this thread almost nine years ago...

This is a continuation, sort of. The original game files are long gone, and since then I purchased the CD to the game.

The starting OOB is slightly different now, but I can always add to it later. It mainly consists of StuG Battery 224 and an infantry company, supported by recon, mortar and engineer elements.

Mission 3 of 25:

50km east of Smolensk
Meeting Engagement
11:00 11 August 1941 Duration 27 turns
Visibility 3,200m

Situation briefing for the KG:

Panzer Group 2 is east of Smolensk and is part of the encirclement around this strategic city. Numerous Russian groups are trying to break out from different directions, and one such group has been spotted by a Stork reconnaissance aircraft in our sector. It appears to be a group of light tanks and infantry.

KG Schumacher is ordered to engage and destroy this oncoming force.
In support of the KG for this mission is two infantry companies, two 10,5 cm howitzers and a sharpshooter.

The StuG III E armed with the 7,5cm StK37 L/24 cannon has this basic loadout: 24 Sprgr.34 High Explosive, 6 K.Gr.rot.Pz armor piercing, 20 Gr.38 HI/A High Explosive Anti-Tank, 3-5 Nbgr.Kw.K Smoke. The early HEAT round is somewhat undependable in terms of penetrating vehicles so often more than one hit is required to kill a target.

Maximum range of the 7,5 cm Kanone L/24 is 3000 meters. All StuGs are set to fire at a maximum range of 750 meters (shortcut Y,Q). This prevents firing at targets of opportunity with a low chance to hit and penetrate the target vehicle.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pat58 For This Useful Post: