Old February 9th, 2009, 01:22 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Remove Artifacts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrison View Post
Insane Artifacts - the ones that truly can change the face of the game, singular artifacts that can ruin armies (a la The Ark), these will be removed entirely
I don't know if you can "remove them entirely", as they probably would still be wishable. If there's some reset-like mod command, you can make them useless, though.

Well like I said, if someone wants to have an S9 mage with Alteration 9 spend 100 pearls for one of those artifacts, I don't see it as the end of the world, as it's far more expense and effort than it currently is, for those items. Plus, with Forging, once you get that item, it's sort of yours forever, but if everyone who really wants The Chalice knows that they'll HAVE to Wish for it, then multiple people may go that route, and they can Wish it back and forth all they want.

As far as the integers for crafting level go, that's interesting, but like I said, I think that this solution will work out pretty well. There won't be nearly as many actual Uniques to forge when using this mod, but there will be enough to make it a worthy research goal sooner or later. Oddly, I think even more people will shoot for Cons6 early on, with the added goodies there. Lucky for my conscience that this will be coupled with my thug/SC summons package, so everyone should have access to something worth putting that gear on.