View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2018, 10:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Scenario Setup Help - France

So... this is how it ends, right?

My troops advanced on the very southern flank of the defences. Chasseours Alpins supported with two platoons of tanks and my entire battalion level reconneissance advanced for the village.

They took with quickly (first 10 turns) and with little losses. Gebirgsjeager did not put up much effective fight and my 105s were pinning them constantly. I was damn lucky tho with Italian 90mm AT guns on the flank. They only managed to immobilize one vehicle and damage the other before they were silenced.

To the south, two companies of my core force deployed and assaulted in pincer movement. Alpini were holding really tight, but again, mortar support and my numerological superiority did the job. I was not using any vehicles on "white" terrain as I considered it impassable. My tanks were supporting from very long ranges and also saved my *** with smoke shots several times. Southern sector fell with considerable casualties on my side. It was around turn 26 when I decided that I will try to assault the final, central position in this scenario.

I was out of 105mm ammunition shortly after, and so most of my mortars were empty. With the last rounds Alpins managed to break through the first ring of Italian defence. Also my recon did very good job, but was decimated in the process. My reserve company deployed from central position to open third line of advance - I was waiting with the deployment too long though, if I deployed liek 5 turns earlier everything would go much quicker. Southern sector shifted and dashed under sniper and MG fire to the main fort. Both companies took about ~30-40% casualties, but managed to fix the southern ring and overcome it with numbers and superior training (few of my units are under 90 experience). Central advance also engaged the remnants of both circes what allowed to advance quicker. Soon, my last mortar deployed and it managed to suppress the final Italian sector (on the flags). With its help, both my core force and Alpins advanced simultainiously.

On turn 40, out of 44 - only after 14 turn relentless assault I would never think I make in time - Lieutnant Du Pontet of Third platoon, third Company, supported with Lieutnant Le Claire of Chasseurs Alpins, hoisted the flag on Authion massif... ending my unit's participation in the war, if I understood you correctly.

Am I right? Is is really over? After all those years?

Save and screenshots attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29793622_584811778563346_8267076643319709696_n.png
Views:	62
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	15312   Click image for larger version

Name:	30123845_584811561896701_4669497592491540480_n.png
Views:	62
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	15313  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Frenchmen.zip (169.8 KB, 55 views)