Thread: MRAPs
View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2015, 11:51 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MRAPs

Well I've been tracking this for 6yrs and 4 days (See page 3, Post 29 from Oct. 01, 2009.) and Australia has finally decided to make the purchase of the HAWKEI to replace most of their Land Rover fleet. When first posted it looked like they would have them by mid to late 2013. It was already "down selected" in I believe 2011 from it's competitors, which included the M-ATV from OSH KOSH among others. It's pretty safe to say it's probably one of the most tested vehicles in it's class as the delays really didn't stem developmental issues as much as political delays due to change of governments and mostly from economic delays. This is a very capable, very fast all terrain mini-MRAP if you will that got it's genes from the BUSHMASTER.

Sometimes you just have to stay with it to get it right. I'll be submitting only the 6 passenger version (4 door.) as the 3 passenger (2 door.) wouldn't add any value to the Australian OOB.
http://www.janes.com/article/55007/a...awkei-4x4-deal

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: