View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2018, 07:00 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: I Bring the Sword: Israeli Marines Beach Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetLT View Post
Does the Corvette's Spike NLOS have an AP value? I fired 7 of them at soft targets and finally lined up a shot at the T-55 from about 15 hexes but it would not fire. The 76mm gun would almost penetrate but kept bouncing off.

Also, the cost of the Shipon teams (16) seems a bit low considering they have night vision.

Israeli OOB04

Yes, as we may observe from the Israeli OOB004 and the OOB Cost Calculator Utility the NLOS does have an AP value. When the rounds are listed in a weapon slot other than the first slot, the AP is interpreted as a HEAT round when the value 222 is given as the AP Penetration value.

OOB Cost Calculator Utility

"...15 hexes but it would not fire. " Interesting. All the Spike rounds are AP, are you saying the Corvette would not fire a round or the round was fired but would not hit? I don't have an answer. Send me that incident so that I could better understand the situation.

"Also, the cost of the Shipon teams (16) seems a bit low considering they have night vision." Agreed. I am suggesting a value increase of 30 to a cost of 46. I based my new cost upon the rate of the TOW, 1-TOW, and 2-TOW team cost as given in OOB004 to calculate a value for the Siphon team with night vision. TOW/2-TOW = Siphon/x, such that 58/106 = 16/x, so that (106*16)/58=29.2414

"The 76mm gun would almost penetrate but kept bouncing off. " I did not play a scenario where a Corvette fired the Oto-Mel at the T-55. You may have expended your AP rounds or your shots were not aimed at the rear of the T-55. I played a scenario where I riddled the T-55 with Atalef rocket and canon fire, then with a Shipon team within range scored a kill.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spike_NLOS_wpn.png
Views:	735
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	15601   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spike_NLOS_oob-calc.png
Views:	732
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	15602  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shahadi For This Useful Post: