View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2005, 01:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

Thilock_Dominus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Working on a new mod

Quote:
Vicious Love said:
You sure wardancers should go berserk? Methinks somehow being able to wield two long swords at once without tearing all of one's upper-body ligaments and tendons is adequate representation of their superhuman grace, speed, and ferocity. Encumbrance 1 might also serve to drive the point home.
True, wardancers do fight in a frenzy, but said frenzy incorporates more precision and elegance than any berserker could get away with. That is to say, I'd expect a wardancer to have a defense skill that puts van and tuatha to shame, and not to lose said defense skill the moment he's grazed by an arrow.
You might also want to consider giving them no protection, but a few levels of air shield, to represent the Snikchesque ability to pluck arrows out of the air with their toes, or whatever.
Hmmm...I'll take that in consideration. I can't give them airshield due to lack of mod commands.
The Idea with the berserk was it should represent the diffrent war dancing. The wardancer do have some armor, well a bit. They are wearing magical war painting as protection physically and against hostile magic. The hard part is that warhammer stuff and dom2 stuff to go hand in hand when it comes unit building.
But again the mod is inspired by the WH wood elves but should also be able to play it with non-warhammer nation.

Yet another question about sites, some of the sites have the abilities to recruit diffrent units, eg. 'The Grove of gaia' allow you to recruit white Centaur (unit nr. 769). Can I altered White Centaur to a completly another creature so I can recruit that creature through the site? If so will will the site still say 'recruiting White Centaur or the altered name I gave the it?

Nosophoros: The Vampire Lords - v1.02
Conquest of Elysium 3 GUI mods