View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2013, 03:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

JonBrave is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension Announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke11 View Post
Anyway, I was just curious about Desura. I've never used it. I get most of my games from Steam but one thing I liked about Dom3 was the fact that it was independent of a digital service. I could install it and play it "offline". I also loved the manual but realize the cost situation. It's too bad though because digital manuals are never easy to read and they truly pale in comparison - which is why most AAA games nowadays just have built in "manuals" where stuff is explained when you hover mouse over specific buttons/commands. Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is a good example of this. Regardless, I really don't want to clutter my computer up with a bunch of digital download services. I don't mind downloading the game, but then I want it to be mine without having to access a service to play it. Will there be any option for that?

Thanks!
@calmon, if you're still around, or anyone (Edi? ...

I'm in this "quandary", having decided I want to buy "Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes". It's on Steam, and I have avoided any need for Steam so far, but amazon (UK) says it's bringing it out later this month... I'd like to buy from Amazon, which I presume would be a non-Steam non-anything-else version? But a friend suggested I would maybe miss out on any on-line/user-content additions, maybe even patches, if I didn't buy from Steam...?