View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2018, 02:09 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Missing Lost Scenarios?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks View Post
"One at a Time" Scenario #441

A VERY (for me at least!) tough little scenario - I don't think it works due to the forces being single man units (or single weapon teams) for the most part - I'm not sure that SP is the right engine/game for such a small scale skirmish!

Better minds than mine would be needed to decide whether this scenario has a place in the game or whether it can be salvaged and balanced with "normal" sized units.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
I vaguely recall someone pushed that idea years ago ...this may have been an experiment and why it never made it to the game because as you point out this isn't what SP is designed to simulate. So before they go into the game I will poll to see if any just don't work well
Y'all might be thinking about Over There scenario #115, based on the TV show Over There in 2005.

From IMDB:

A U.S. Army unit, consisting mostly of new soldiers, finds itself engaged in bloody firefights immediately following their arrival in Iraq. Focusing more on the soldiers' lives than on war itself, "Over There" follows the stories of Sgt. Chris "Scream" Silas and his unit - which includes Pfc. Bo Rider, Pvt. Frank "Dim" Dumphy and Pvt. Brenda "Mrs. B." Mitchell. The series was created by veteran TV producer Stephen Bochco ("NYPD Blue"; "L.A. Law"). The show's title comes from a 1917 George M. Cohan song about U.S. soldiers fighting in World War I.

This is a Wild Bill Wilder 8 turn scenario, so lace your boots tight.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Over_There-SCN_115.JPG (55.9 KB, 549 views)