View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2018, 01:57 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: I Bring the Sword: Israeli Marines Beach Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingertanker View Post
The corvettes were not even hit. And yes I currently run the free version. Trying to get Shrapnel to give me a DL link as I lost my install file. If not I will just buy it again.
By the way the S-13 guys do not count as part of the compliment of a ship they work from.
I only meant to say, the 25 KIA is more likely suffered by the Shayetet 13 (S-13) platoon and the two lost on the AS565 helicopter. So, just considering that the 23 KIA is likely from the S-13, is high.

Quote:
They are not actually Marines they are SEALs. Israel doesn't have actual Marines.
You're right, S-13 are not marines. I only used the term, "Israeli Marines" to describe the unit, while I admit,"Israeli SEALs" is an appropriate description of Shayetet 13. Thanks.

Quote:
BTW in 1982 the landing was done more to the North, north of Sidon. S-13 secured the beach and about 1000 paras and 100 AFVs were landed...Couls be a nice scenario to make, possibly with a strengthened PLO force for a challange.
You wanna go back to Sharon's War? The operation was punitive in my recollection, without solid political objectives. Having said that, it would make for a nasty little fight, if a guy could make Arafat's PLO behave as an army. However, you know I prefer small unit engagements, company level down. So, another S-13 show would, indeed make for a "nice scenario."

I may have a solution for unloading SEALs at sea unto assault boats. I had been working on it for sometime for this scenario, but since you mentioned this '82 S-13 mission, there maybe a way to start from the sea.

So, my thought is to load a S-13 aboard a corvette, then move it to a hex that has a height of -1 (shallow water). Only need one hex as shallow water, all other hex should be at -3 (Deep water). The unit can unload in shallow water.

Thanks again for your insightful comments.

The Following User Says Thank You to shahadi For This Useful Post: