Thread: Guide Yet Another Hinnom Guide
View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2009, 01:53 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Yet Another Hinnom Guide

So question, what specifically was nerfed? Let me fully qualify this by saying I haven't played Hinnom post-nerf, and am curious as I had written them off as being too overpowered to be fun playing in general pick up games. I'm wondering at the choice to go with a blessing over good scales, it seemed like the nerfs made better scales even more important. Looks like you're sacrificing 3 production scales, one order scale, 4 luck scales and some dominion in order to gain a blessing for commanders who, frankly, don't need it. Don't get me wrong, obviously it's a nice bonus, but you're adding it to a unit who can quite capably kick most stuff's butt barehanded and can easily be fully kitted out with magic items at the same rate you're recruiting them. I guess it might let you thug out Kohen, but it seems like a steep opportunity cost to gain light thugs when you've got heavy duty SCs coming out the ears. 45% less dawn guard (because of production), 20+% less gold (figuring some gold loss from the luck swing), hard to estimate loss from lower dominion and luck (gems, items, heroes, etc.).