View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2017, 10:11 AM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Modder's Toolkit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oragus View Post
Sorry you feel that way Don.

It's not about making it "pretty", never has been, it's about function. Using the search tool, is a huge benefit. That alone is my motivation for making the .txt file an Excel file.
As someone who uses the shape editor quite a bit I'm inclined to commend Mr. Oragus for this undertaking. He'd be doing me and other modders a favour if he put the contents of the text file into a spreadsheet.

Of course you can navigate the existing one reasonably well, even in notepad, you just have to know what you are looking for. Unless you are dealing with one of those icon files that is - for want of a better word - fragmented. Then I've had to go on a fishing expedition on more than one occ., so if this is actually addressed in the excel format then I'd be much obliged.

Some of us just are not that computer literate I am afraid.

Incidentally a lot of the icons that I made myself for my mod were actually made in - of all things - mspaint.

Took a while to get going but then its my time I was wasting so ... .

Quote:
Be happy you don't have to figure out where everything is like I did 20 years ago which is EXACTLY what you would be doing without the list that's in there now.
[originally posted by: DRG]

Of course we would be up **** creek if someone had not done all the work before hand and was kind enough to share.

"Midgets standing on the shoulders of giants" comes to mind as an expression to sum that up.

Hope everyone is having a nice Advent.

Last edited by RecruitMonty; December 5th, 2017 at 11:01 AM..