View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:23 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Windows 8 Playtesters required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosmarus View Post
Nope, doesn't work. Even units work in bits, when I want to change my tanks facing it thinks for a while and then turns but in windowed mode everything is instantaneous as it should be.
Did you try changing between DirectX and GDI graphic modes to see if it affected anything?

Is the monitor running at its native dot resolution? - some flat screens can run slower if not as they have to interpolate the dots to fit (unlike old fashioned CRTs).

Have you set up Windows 8 to play the game in 256 colour mode for full screen (that may be assignable for the individual game itself, or you may have to set up the monitor to 256 colour mode - see your Windows help. I have no idea as I have not got 8).
NB - that's the game EXE you'll have to set any windows attributes on (right click on the EXE or shortcut??) and not the game launcher programme.)

Unit move delay is governed by the "Units Move Delay" field on the misc tab - did you try reducing that (though the full screen should be the same sort of performance as the desktop sized windows mode).